In the past, many Trusts were established and largely forgotten about in terms of their ongoing administration. At ICL Chartered Accountants we have always ensured Trusts we act for are properly administered, and we are pleased to see a recent Law Commission review of this area means there is going to be a lot more focus on ensuring this happens for every Trust in New Zealand.
Our Trust Administration service ensures:
- Every Trust is reviewed annually to ensure it is meeting its legal requirements and is still 'fit-for-purpose'
- Wills and Memorandum of Wishes have been prepared and are still relevant
- Trust Minutes are prepared to record trustee decisions
- Financial statements & tax returns are prepared in line with current legislation
- Trustees are aware of, and complying with, their obligations to beneficiaries
We also understand that there are trusts that have been formed that no longer meet the objectives that were present when they were set up. We can advise you on the best way to wind these trusts up or to 're-set' them so they continue to meet your objectives into the future.
Whatever your requirements, call the specialists at ICL Chartered Accountants to discuss how your Trust should be managed.